Begin this year by striding along a trail that boosts your spirits, sharpens your concentration, and gives you a good workout! Hiking more commonly known as “trekking” is a super adventurous sport that challenges you every step of the way!
It boosts your creativity, reduces anxiety and helps you recharge and reconnect with yourself. Therefore, to support this process, the most important item required, is a good pair of hiking shoes.
A pair of comfortable boots is most essential as it helps holding a grip on the ground and it also aids with your body balance. This article mainly focuses on providing the best hiking boots for flat feet.
To help you out, here is a list highlighting the top boots, tailor-made for flat feet. This list displays a variety of brands so you can pick the flat feet hiking boots that suit you the best!
Best Hiking Boots for Flat Feet
Timberland White Ledge Mid
- Our White Ledge Men's Hiking Boots have premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers, seam-sealed waterproof construction, and rustproof speed lace hardware with hooks at top for secure lacing.
- LOOK NO FURTHER for trail-ready performance and style. Our selection of men’s hiking boots, waterproof hiking boots, casual boots, and casual shoes is designed to fit in with your outdoor-ready ensembles.
- TIMBERLAND HAS YOU COVERED whether you're looking for men's boots, women's boots, or kids boots. For the best in hiking boots, rain boots, work boots, casual shoes & boots & more, choose Timberland.
Introduced in 2001, these Timberlands make the perfect flat feet hiking boots. They are waterproof, hence while hiking, these boots for flat feet will maintain a strong grip on the ground, keeping you from falling.
They are also made of 100% premium full-grain waterproof leather uppers, seam-sealed waterproof construction, and rustproof speed lace hardware with hooks at top for secure lacing.
This pair fits right in with the sporty outdoor look that you want to go with. Timberland White Ledge Mid focuses on providing extreme comfort and durability. They keep your feet dry in rugged style and also provide the classy and outdoor look!
It calls on to people who value purposeful style and share the brand’s passion for enjoying and protecting nature. Providing moderate arch support, they help in improving posture and are a great source of balance. This also helps in preventing injuries and absorbing shocks.
The removable anti-fatigue footbeds are such that they provide constant energy that returns to your feet with each step taken. The insoles provided are compatible with all Timberland closed-toe footwear styles that aim to fit perfectly to your foot size.
Further, these shoes are made out of recycled rubber sole, which does not let any weather conditions get through them. It also makes them lightweight and flexible.
Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boots
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather and mesh bootie construction and its durable mesh tongue for breathability.
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
“Columbia products are engineered using the best technologies and highest quality materials, providing you with innovative products that are functional yet stylish and great value.”
These would be the best-suited hiking boots for flat feet for women. They are lightweight and durable while providing long-lasting comfort. They also have superior cushioning, high energy return as well as an advanced traction rubber sole for slip-free movement on rough ground.
These boots ensure that they have a grip over the ground while providing maximum comfort. Columbia Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Hiking Boots are waterproof and made with full ingrained leather and mesh bootie construction. It also has a durable mesh tongue to provide breathability.
These flat feet supportive boots are available in various sizes and colors that will match any outfit you pair it with. They also ensure a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
The Omni grip these flat feet boots provide, are suited for multi-terrain traction systems as well as ensuring grip on solid surfaces like snow and ice. It is designed to provide a perfect grip for each environment.
Inspired by classic mountaineering boots, they are made with the purpose to provide comfort on your truly adventurous days. Categorized as one of the best hiking boots for flat feet, they are ultimate companions for a daunting and rigorous day.
Salomon Quest 4D 3 GORE-TEX Backpacking Boots
- 100% Synthetic
- Rubber sole
These boots, for flat feet, are 100% synthetic. They are designed for mixed terrains, while also ensuring a reduced level of foot fatigue. Made with rubber soles, they provide better traction on wet surfaces therefore; the risk of slipping is reduced.
Further, rubber soles are more economical and beneficial. The Salomon Quest 4D 3 GORE-TEX is all about walking comfort, even with flat feet. These are waterproof, durable and are suited even for the roughest terrain. They are equipped to provide a strong grip and supreme breathability keeping your feet fresh and dry.
KEEN Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
- WATERPROOF & PROTECTION: KEEN.DRY breathable membrane keeps feet dry and comfortable by allowing vapor out without letting water in; Bruise plate for protection on uneven surfaces; High abrasion rubber toe guard for added durability
- MATERIAL & CONSCIOUSLY CREATED: Durable premium leather and breathable performance mesh; Quick dry lining for active use; KEEN sources hides from Leather Working Group certified tanneries; Environmentally friendly DWR helps keep leather from drying out
- TRACTION: KEEN ALL-TERRAIN rubber provides high traction grip in muddy environments and on rocky surfaces; 4mm multi direction lugs provide optimal traction for sure footing; Non marking rubber outsoles leaves no imprints when walking indoors
The KEEN Targhee II Mids are flat feet boots made out of 100% Waterproof Nubuck Leather. Being easy on the heel, they provide a breathable leather lining, low-profile upper with ghillie lacing for comfort and a perfect fit.
These are also collared and have a padded tongue. They are also equipped with the lugged outsole and contoured heel lock with 0.4 millimeters multi-directional lugs.
This, in turn, helps in walking better downhill, running and also aids in blister management. It also reduces slippage by ensuring a stronghold on the flat feet. The ESS shank is made to provide torsion stability for a secure walk, run or a trek.
The mid-cut height helps by increasing ankle support through canyons and over mountaintops. These flat feet shoes also give the best traction control while being on mismatched road surfaces. Overall, KEEN Targhee II Mid seem like good hiking shoes.
Merrell Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boots
- Waterproof membrane seals out water and lets moisture escape
- Pigskin leather and mesh upper
- Metal hook traditional lace closure
With molded nylon arch shank, these 100% suede leather/ mesh made shoes provide sustainable and durable flat feet boots. Merrell Moab 2 provides features like “M select DRY” which makes the moisture inside the shoe escape keeping your feet dry and fresh.
Moreover, “VIBRAM” is a rubber sole having high performance which prevents the risk of slipping and also provides durability and stability. “Air Cushion” is by far the best feature that is provided by Merrell Moab 2 as it completely takes care of people having flat feet and its protective rubber toe cap safeguards any unforeseen risks.
It is also promising in absorbing shocks and providing stability and comfort. Additionally, Merrell Moab 2 also allows the presence of a breathable mesh lining which makes these the best hiking shoes for flat feet. These are “famous for its comfort and respected for its durability,” while also being environmentally friendly. They are surely a must-have.
Skechers Men’s Relment Pelmo Chukka Waterproof Boots
- Memory foam
- Relaxed Fit for a roomy comfort fit at toe and forefoot
Having memory foam, which is a great feature the best hiking boots for flat feet should have, these shoes are long-lasting and flexible. They are also lightweight and made out of 100% leather. While being waterproof, they also provide excellent grip over the land as they are made out of a synthetic sole. This sole retains its form and is known to be extremely durable and water-resistant.
With this list for flat feet shoes, we aim to equip you with the knowledge to find the best-suited boots, tailor-made for your needs and requirements.
How do flat feet affect hikers?
Flat Feet is a condition in which the entire sole touches the floor when standing. Flat feet can occur during childhood if the arches of the feet don’t develop, after an injury or from the wear and tear of aging. You can read our article if you have questions like are flat feet genetic? to understand a little more about the condition.
Most people have no symptoms associated with flat feet. But some people with flat feet experience foot pain, particularly in the heel or arch area.
For painful flat feet, treatments include arch supports for the shoes, stretching or structurally supportive shoe. Flat feet can affect the alignment of the body when a person is standing, walking, or running. As a result, they can increase the likelihood of pain developing in the hips, knees, and ankles.
Hiking, being a very adventurous and daunting sport, can affect flat feet hikers by giving them trouble with knee, ankle or heel pain and may also cause misbalance.
Therefore, people with flat feet should choose and get themselves the most suited footwear for maximum comfort and support.
How to choose hiking boots for flat feet
Hikers having flat feet should ensure that their footwear has the following requirements:
- Motion controlled shoes: They provide the most stability for people having severe pronators or flat feet.
- Comfort: The bottom-line of purchasing any shoe is ensuring the maximum level of comfort.
- Suitable Sizes: While buying shoes, make sure you buy the sizes best fitted for your feet, if you have wide flat feet, ensure that you purchase your footwear accordingly.
- Weight: Some people with flat feet suffer from pain, therefore, they must make certain that the footwear they are purchasing is light as well are durable.
- Cushion: Having cushioned shoes will absorb the shock level that your feet receive and help in giving you more comfort.
- Stability: The shoes should feel stable, ensuring that during hikes, you are stable and well balanced. There are exercises to improve your stability and condition for hiking but good hiking boots for flat feet will make a huge difference.
- Look for variety: While shopping for footwear for flat feet, do not settle for a shoe that does not feel 100% comfortable. Try other shoes and keep looking until you find the one that is tailor-made for you. Keep in mind that some boots are better for sore feet after work, some are great boots for roofing and many other options, not all boots could be for hiking.
These were a few tips and suggestions on how to choose the hiking boots for flat feet which will serve you the best.
I would like to conclude by saying that, do not let your flat feet keep you from moving forward. Embrace them and empower them with the best hiking boots for flat feet enlisted above. We urge you to try and look for new varieties and end up buying them too while also enhancing your passion for hiking!
Check out our article for best tactical boots for flat feet if you are looking for different type of boots for flat feet.