Struggling with Supination is a problem that surprisingly affects a large number of people. Insoles for Supination, like the Superfeet for Supination insoles, have to provide strong support and stability for feet that would be inefficiently balanced otherwise, which is a major cause of pain for poorly-aligned feet.
Supination problems arises when your weight rolls onto the outer edges of your feet. Another name for supination is underpronation. In a normal stride, your foot has to roll inward a little so that your weight is on the ball of your foot. Then you push off your big toe. If you supinate, most of your weight will fall on the outside of your foot and may push off from your outer toes instead.
Jump to your Favorite Section
Are Superfeet Supination Insoles Good?
Superfeet supination insoles are designed to combat a range of conditions. These are a perfect choice for counteracting this general pain. The Superfeet insoles are also available with a wider fit. This ensures your entire foot is protected no matter how broad is your foot. The superfeet insoles also feature anti-microbial top layer which helps to prevent bacteria and works to reduce the nasty smells which keep your feet and shoes fresher for a long time.
- Trim to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoes and boots; follow cutting instructions before use, and if you are between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- Medium Arch Orthotic Support: Helps stabilize the foot, reducing stress on feet, ankles, knees, and back; all purpose insoles for 24/7 use and flat feet
- Premium Arch Support Insoles: Sculpted heel cup cradles the heel to maximize the natural shock absorption; long lasting support for a wide range of footwear
A good insole can relive the symptoms of supination and also stop it from causing any further problems. The Superfeet for supination insoles are made to be high-performing and durable, which means, they will keep problem feet at bay for the long-term.
Supination can lead to a range of other foot conditions and sufferers have to view insoles not simply as a solution to a one-time problem, but a staple to their everyday footwear, your feet will surely thank you!
Difference Between Superfeet Green vs Superfeet Orange Insoles
The main difference Green vs Orange Superfeet Insoles is that the Green Insoles are better for casual shoes and Orange Insoles are better for sports and more rough activities.
- Trim to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoes and boots; follow cutting instructions before use, and if you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit.
- High Arch Support Insoles for Women & Men: Deep heel cup works with your body's natural cushioning for maximum support.
- Premium Arch Support Insoles: Sculpted heel cup cradles the heel to maximize natural shock absorption; designed for roomy footwear.
Superfeet Green Insoles are usually used for normal and casual wear. Yes, insoles would be thicker than the insoles your shoes come with but there should not be much difference.
- Trim to Fit: Superfeet insoles are made to be trimmed to fit your shoes and boots; follow cutting instructions before use, and if you're between sizes, size up and trim down to fit
- Orthotic Inserts for High Impact Activities: With extra forefront cushioning, these shoe inserts are best for all-purpose and high-impact use; use 24/9
- High Impact: These medium to high arch orthotics help stabilize the foot during high-impact activities, reducing stress on feet, ankles, knees, and back
Superfeet Orange Insoles provide more shock absorption which is why they are recommended for sports and work boots. Usually, men prefer to but this type of insoles for their work shoes but they can be used by anyone.
Superfeet Green Insole Fit
The Superfeet Green Insole a little bit more volume than some other insoles. It is recommended to wear them with shoes were your feet have some extra room to avoid feeling them tight. You don’t necessarily need to buy bigger shoes but do keep in mind these insoles size.
What is Supination?
Supination is the foot’s natural way of providing a strong and supportive foundation for the body. During the supination, the foot rebounds from pronating to become a rigid lever which helps the body stand upright and propel itself forward.
Unstable feet are pronated usually and have a low arch. Overpronation causes flattening of the arch and foot elongation. This may result in plantar fasciitis, knee, hip, back pain, shin splints, bunions and blisters. A supinated foot can be predisposed to the ankle sprains, ligament tears and strains, tendonitis and also poor shock absorption.
Supination may run within the families. Supination may be caused by weakness in certain muscles of your ankle, foot and leg. The lack of strength may be a result of improper shoes, prior injury to the foot that damaged your tendons or muscles, misalignment of the body, etc.
If you suspect you are supinating while you walk and run, you are suffering from unexplained pain in the lower back, shin, ankle, arch, hip or heal, it may be a good idea to get a gait analysis to determine if supination is the actual reason. Treatment depends on the severity of your case but is aimed typically at correcting the supination to prevent further injuries.
To help treat excessive supination of the foot, select lightweight shoes having extra cushioning and ample room in the toes. Wear orthotic insoles designed for underpronation. You may buy these insoles in stores, although a podiatrist will recommend custom-made insoles.
Wear running shoes designed specifically for supinators or underpronators. Be careful as most of these running shoes cater to people who overpronate, as overpronation is very common than supination. Work with a physical therapist to strengthen the muscles in your feet and legs and also to loosen tight tendons.
What Type of Insoles are Preferred for Supination?
Powerstep Original Full Length Orthotic Insoles
- Comfort Meets Support - Our ProTech Full Length orthotics specialize in plantar fasciitis, heel pain, arch pain, overpronation and flat feet.
- Full Heel Support - These full length, total contact orthotic insoles feature a slightly angled heel post for improved motion control and a heel pad that further cushions and protects during heel strike,
- All Around Support - ProTech Control Full Length orthotics provide neutral arches with a rigid arch support shell, provide greater correction with a 2° angled heel post, and deep heel cradle for increased comfort, stability, support and motion control.
This is one of the most popular insoles that are designed to stabilize your foot and to prevent the unwanted rolling caused by supination. These insoles feature a foot cradle that is designed specifically to keep the heel in position. This makes it easier to prevent your ankles from moving while going about your day-to-day life.
Though these insoles provide effective relief from supination and associated pain, this full-length design also ensures your entire foot has cushioning and the support in your key areas. As such, this makes them suitable for ancillary conditions too. Also, ensure to have a look at the plethora of reviews that have been left for these insoles to know they aren’t making any false promises.
Spenco Total Support Max Shoe Insoles
- SHOCK ABSORPTION & CUSHIONING: Patented 3-POD modulation system absorbs shock and provides cushioning through triple impact zones to reduce overpronation, relieve foot, leg, and back pain, and promote healthy biodynamics
- COMFORTABLE DEEP HEEL CUP: Essential for stability-based insoles, this deep heel cup offers perfect heel support, rigid arch support for serious athletes, and all-day comfort with peak athletic performance through controlled alignment from initial foot strike
- MAXIMUM ARCH SUPPORT & ALIGNMENT: Experience optimal foot alignment and support with the rigid stability cradle and supportive high arch support that delivers stability, comfort, and weight distribution, while relieving pressure and preventing fatigue
These shoes are very popular amongst the sporty types which provide a huge level of support that is suitable for heavy-duty wear. These rigid shoe inserts have both heel support and firm arch support.
They aim to stabilize your feet and also correct the way you walk. These insoles are cushioned throughout for comfort and the low friction material helps to prevent blisters. The antimicrobial treatment on the top layer stops the foot odor.
The secret of the Total Max Shoe insoles is that it features a deep heel cup that provides extra support to your heel. As such, it prevents any excessive rolling of your foot or ankle while you walk or run and helps to align better. With better alignment, you can notice an immediate difference not just in your foot pain but also in any leg or the lower back issues caused by supination.
SOF Sole Men’s High Arch
- Sof Sole insoles with enhanced arch height offer support to high arches
- Targeted gel drop in the heel provides extra cushioning
- Deep heel cup helps prevent heel slip keeps heels stable
Not everyone who supinates has high arches. If you are an underpronator who finds high arch support uncomfortable, then SOF Sole is the best choice. You can also choose from a high, medium and low arch in these full-length insoles.
Regardless of your choice, these insoles are designed to anatomically align your feet and stride. They have high rebound foam which provides shock absorption and comfort. They are also reinforced nylon plates that support your heel and arches.
The moisture-wicking properties keep your foot dry while air pockets in the heel provide added cushioning. Something interesting about these insoles is they are available in three arch heights and have semi-rigid support.
These insoles come in a wide variety of sizes and three arch heights to suit different feet. A nylon plate gives the added support in the arches while the heel is cushioned with the air pockets. The moisture-wicking helps to keep the feet fresh and dry.
Millions of people have high arches. With proper footwear and foot care, they can enjoy pain participation in most sports and activities. These insoles scored well on all aspects of product testing which includes overall comfort, heel support, arch, padding, rigidity, shoe fit and functionality and also are the clear favorites among the product testers.
Insoles are amongst the most overlooked shoe accessories. If you plan to go on a vacation and want something that provides an additional degree of comfort and stability, give the above products a shot. Adding one of these best insoles for walking will enhance your journey and make you more comfortable. We believe our top-rated shoe insoles will help you say goodbye to supination!